As a dog owner, you're fully aware that there is a lot of exercising required to keep them healthy. While smaller breeds of dogs don't require as much as a larger one would, they both are recommended to have at least one hour of exercise per date (day?). Failure to give your dog the right amount of exercise it needs could cause them to become unhealthy, as well as allow the dog to become bored. The trouble that many pet owners have in the New York area is that they're generally very busy and just don't have the time to walk their pets. If you believe that you too have a hectic schedule, consider hiring a dog walking service in your area.
A professional dog walking service has professionals that have the time in the day to walk your dogs as much as they require. This allows you time to do as you need to as the professional will come to your home, pick up the dog, walk your dog, and then return them to you much happier. This in turn allows you to keep a very healthy dog, with a sunny disposition.
If you're lucky, you can find a New York dog walker that offers other services as well. Since they deal with pets they may also offer pet sitting services for times when you’re away. This would be ideal since your pet would already be familiar with who they are. Below, you will find some tips on how to go about securing the best dog walking service for your canine.
* Be sure that you find someone who loves dogs and who was also trained to handle them in most situations. If you're really particular, you should consider only working with a certified New York Dog Walker.
* Be sure that the professional you choose has insurance. You want to make sure of this so that both he/she are covered as well as your dog should something happen during the walk.
* Make sure that you ask for references. You want to make sure that you talk to people to find out about the services to make sure that they are a good fit.
* Pay attention to how well your dog and the walker get along. You want to see how your dog feels about the walker since many times canines have a great sense of judgment. If you sense your dog is not comfortable you should keep looking as trust between your pet and the walker are very important.
* Price of course is important. To make sure that you're getting the best price you should consider doing some research on the average costs of such services in your area. This way as you're interviewing walking services you can determine if they have good prices or not. Of course this will also depend upon the different services that they offer as this might be worth paying more for.
* Make sure that you talk to more than one person. This way you can be sure that you've made a sound decision in the end.
By following the above advised tips you are sure to find a qualified dog walking service in no time at all. This way your dog can be walked as much as they need to be, and you can still carry on with your day uninterrupted.
Not enough time in the day to walk the dog like you should? Instead of allowing them to become bored and reckless, consider hiring a New York Dog Walker by visiting NYtails.com today.