It is important that you get a professional caterer for an event. Whether it is a private or corporate activity, there should be quality catering service. Due to the lucrative nature of the industry, many catering companies are in existence. The same service is also offered by individuals who get orders then outsource for different providers as per the client’s needs.
In order for you to get a caterer Pasadena company that has experience and professionalism, it will take a lot of effort on your part. You must have a budget as part of the planning process. Secondly, you should know the actual or approximate number of guests expected for the event. Below are some guidelines on choosing the best catering provider out of the many potential ones willing to provide you with the service.
1. Intense preparations are necessary. In case of a wedding, a committee is set up to undertake preparations. Part of its mandate is to find and hire a caterer. You need to know when the event will take place. The venue, number of expected guests, budget and type of food are just but some of the things to ponder about when preparing for an event. These factors will act as a guide on the kind of service you need.
2. Research widely. Find catering companies that you feel could be up to the task. Ask your colleagues, family and friends for suggestions. Short list the companies as per the needs of the event. Check what each of the caterers is offering you and compare it with your list of expectations. Contact the companies you have listed and request for quotations.
3. Availability. Confirm with the caterer whether another client has made a booking for the same day you are having the occasion. Check for availability status. Does the company have a person you can contact on weekends or public holidays? Is the person available outside the hours of business? Something may crop up and you may need to contact the company urgently.
4. Equipment and staff. Established caterer Pasadena companies provide own equipment which includes cutlery, glassware, crockery, linen, tables and chairs. Ask whether these items will be provided in the catering package. Ensure that where available, all equipment to be used is in mint condition. Next, ask about the staff. Will the provider bring their own staff? Are the staff experienced? Will they handle delivery, servicing and clean up? Confirm all these.
5. Logistics. Find out whether the caterer will prepare food elsewhere then transport to the venue or will do it on site. If the food is to be delivered, who will provide the truck? Hire caterers who have their own means of transport such as trucks or pick-up vans.