Are you planning to file a social security claim for a supplemental or disability benefit? Then be sure to get a lawyer to represent you. While your claim may be perfectly legitimate, only an experienced social security attorney can cut through the layers of red tape lying between you and the approval of the claim. Also, when you are hiring a social security attorney, be sure to hire someone who practices in the same state as the one you live in. This will get you several benefits, including the following:
1. Did you know that only a social security attorney who holds a license in the state where you are filing the claims will be able to represent you in the hearing offices located in that state? This is something a lot of people are not aware of, and end up spending money on lawyers, who may not be able to help out with the claim in the first place.
2. Every state in the US has at least a few unique laws that apply to social security claims. Only an experienced lawyer practicing in the state where you file the claim will be knowledgeable about these laws, and will thus be able to ensure that your application is composed and filed properly, as per those guidelines.
3. This one should be a no-brainer, but hiring a local attorney will allow you to save quite a bit on travel expenses. After all, if you have to travel between states 2-3 times a week just to meet your attorney, imagine how much money you will have to set aside to buy gas alone. Besides, do not forget that you may have to meet him almost everyday, once the hearing over your claim begins.
4. The reputation of a local social security attorney should be well known in the state where he practices law. This will allow you to verify his reputation quickly, and minimize the margin for error. The latter will be quite difficult to minimize, if the attorney lives two states away from yours.
5. A local attorney will be aware of the proper legal channels in your state, which can actually speed up the process of getting your claim approved at a local hearing center. An attorney practicing in another state is not likely to be aware of any such channels, and may end up taking you through the longer, more complicated process, which will actually reduce your chances of achieving success.
So, why wait any longer? Start looking right now, for a reputable social security attorney. Glendale, AZ is a great place for you to start your search.