Are you in the midst of filing a disability claim with the Social Security Administration? If so, it probably isn’t a good idea to go it alone. Keep reading to discover five reasons why you need to call a disability attorney to help you with your claim.
1. Incomplete medical records will hinder you from getting a favorable decision because it makes it harder to prove that you actually have a disability. A disability attorney will be able to contact your doctors and obtain any missing medical records so that your file is complete when it’s submitted to the Social Security Administration.
2. In order to win your case, you’ll need a lawyer to help you see where there may be challenges with your medical evidence. Once you provide your lawyer with your complete medical history and a list of your treating doctors, they’ll be able to see where they can fill in any evidence gaps with written opinions from medical specialists or additional testing or consultations.
3. Once your medical information has been gathered, it’s important to sift through everything to determine what is most relevant to your case. Most judges don’t want to deal with irrelevant information, and your claim could be denied if you submit copious amounts of it. A good disability lawyer will sort your evidence and submit only the essential information.
4. A disability attorney will know what to do with bad evidence, which is evidence that could hurt your case (such as a doctor’s opinion that doesn’t support your claim). While it’s unlawful for you to hide relevant information from the Social Security Administration, a lawyer will know how to cast doubt on or minimize the importance of bad evidence so that it doesn’t prevent you from getting approved.
5. Getting an approval for your application requires you to go in person to a hearing with the judge. If you don’t know what you’re doing, it’s possible that you could end up saying something that will hurt your chances of a good outcome. Your disability attorney will be able to adequately prepare you for the hearing so that you aren’t nervous and you know exactly how to answer each question.
Seeking help from disability attorneys in Kansas City doesn’t guarantee that your claim won’t be denied. However, having help on your side does guarantee that you’ll have a better chance of getting the approval you need. Visit Grundydisabilitygroup.com for more information.