Air conditioning is very important in homes and businesses. During hot summer months, there is no better source of cooling and comfort than an air conditioner. Most of the AC’s today are sturdy to withstand frequent use; however, it should be installed by reputable Air Conditioning Contractor in Houston to make sure that fuel efficiency is maximized. An AC is not just installed in any part of a home or office without looking at several factors to increase its performance. It is not like other home appliances where it is your preference that determines the area where it is going to be installed.
Fuel efficiency can be enhanced if you consider several factors. There are many energy saving tips that can be recommended by an Air Conditioning Contractor in Houston if you seek their services for installation.
1. When buying an AC unit, it is very important to consider the size of the room or space where you want it installed. Buying a smaller unit due to mistaken notion that you are saving on fuel consumption makes the unit work harder if you have a large space. At the same time, you don’t get the comfort you seek. On the other hand, if you buy a bigger unit for a small room, it will reflect on your high utility bills.
2. If you want a more efficient AC unit, the initial cost might be more than what you are prepared for; but if you live in an area often visited by heat waves and high rates of humidity, the system will more than pay for itself in the long run. Most of the modern systems are energy efficient which effectively reduces electricity bills.
3. Perform regular maintenance on the AC unit. Cleaning the air filters is an easy task which will not need a call to air conditioning technicians. A professional tune up however is advised before the onset of summer months to make sure that the AC unit will perform its job. Besides that, proper maintenance prolongs the life of your AC unit which reduces the need to buy a replacement.
4. Plant trees and bushes in the surrounding areas of the home. It will reduce the heat of the sun especially in the west and south sides. Not only will these reduce your cooling costs but it adds to the aesthetic beauty of your property.
5. Close drapes on the sunny part of the house. This reduces the heat from direct sunlight.
6. If you have a thermostat, it is easy to control the temperature when no one’s home. You can increase the heat significantly during the day when you are at work and the kids are in school. When you reach home, the temperature can be set to 78 degrees for relaxation and comfortable sleep.
7. If you are thinking of upgrading your air conditioning system, consult the professional Air Conditioning Contractor for the best advice. They can recommend the latest energy efficient system that is perfect for the home without having to suffer from exorbitant electric bills.