Bus rental is a great way for a group of friends to travel cross-country, whether it is to attend a sporting event, a wedding or a rock concert. However, renting a bus, with all it’s advantages, including the mix of comfort and economy, is not the same as renting a car. The rules and regulations are different as are the preparations necessary, which is why you need to keep the following points in mind when you go for bus rental.
* If you are renting through Internet brokers and not the company directly, you might have to pay an extra commission.
* If you want the lowest rates and quotes, contact the company directly or check out their website.
* Unlike planes, rates do not fluctuate for buses. Special limited-time only offers given by the chartering company do exist, however.
* You need to deposit a majority of the bus rental amount. Some companies may insist on the full amount while some may allow you to pay about 90% when booking and the rest later. You generally need to make the payment between two weeks to a month before the booking date.
* In case you need to cancel your booking, most rental companies allow you to do that two weeks to a month before the due date without any penalty. Any closer and you might have to relinquish some of your deposit money, though.
* Clarify whether you have to pay for fuel, food for the driver, parking fees and tolls or not. Different companies have different rules regarding this.
Usually your bus comes with a driver. If you want to drive the bus yourself, you need to ask the leasing company beforehand, most companies do not allow passengers to drive their buses.
Remember, on long trips, you may have to provide for accommodation for the driver. Again, clarify with the leasing company before signing on the dotted line.
When it comes to large sporting events and rock concerts, there’s nothing like seeing them live. And attending these events alone is no fun; the old adage of “the more, the merrier” is very true in this case. If you are planning to attend such an event in another city, or even if the location is a few hour’s drive away, and there are 15-20 of you, the best way to travel is bus rental. Boston, MA has many companies that offer such services, so you will never be lacking in options. Just make sure you hire a dependable, reputed bus rental company, and everything should be fine.