If you are facing legal issues related to the building or property in use for business process, that you own, then you need to seek help from a commercial real estate attorney. Many of you possibly already know this! However, what you need to know is how to select the best possible attorneys. Selecting experienced lawyers can ensure that you will have a strong case and get favorable outcome for the same too.
You can first shortlist those lawyers who you think suit your needs best. You can get information about various lawyers by asking reliable friends and acquaintances who may have needed the help of such an attorney recently. You can even get information about well known lawyers from your property manager, brokers or local investors. You can even search the web for information on the various law firms and the practice areas their lawyers are experienced in. Once you have shortlisted some of the law firms or lawyers who can help you with your case, arrange a meeting with them. This will allow you to put forward all your queries and concerns. The answers or responses to those questions can help you select the best lawyer for yourself. Some of the most important questions that you should ask during the meeting with an attorney is listed below:
*Ask about their experience and track record:
1. The number of commercial real estate cases he has handled.
2. The complex kind of case he came across and what was the outcome.
3. Which of the two parties (i.e. buyer or seller) has he mostly represented in such cases.
4. How many negotiation contracts he has completed.
*Contracts and Entities:
1. Did he carry out facilitation of any commercial transaction including every aspect related to the closing.
2. The number of entities he has created for his clients, which includes Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies and so on. Is he experienced in writing opinion letters?
1. Experience of reviewing loan documents.
2. Experience of carrying out loan assumptions.
1. This is also one of the primary factors of concern. Ask him about his fees.
2. Ask about the payment options available.
Apart from the above, if you have any other query, you can ask the attorney. You should finally select one, who you think has been able to provide satisfactory answers to almost all your questions. For reputable commercial real estate attorneys, Long Island is a good place to begin your search.
Are you searching for commercial real estate attorney in Long Island? Jaspan Schlesinger LLP is one of the best law firms where you can find some of the best lawyers!