A good business card is only as good as its looks. Business card printing should not be taken lightly if the cards are intended to reel in more business. The design, the way everything is put together and the choice of color all play a big part in the creation of business cards, and how well this is done determines the success of these cards.
The success of any business card could be measured by its ‘mortality’ rate; a low mortality rate being the indication of success. Business cards do not literary die, but they cease to exist when they are discarded by the people they are given to, and that is the worst fate a business card can suffer.
There are various reasons why business cards are discarded and most of these have everything to do with the way they have been created and printed. People who wish to ensure their business card printing endeavors do not go to waste should engage the following guidelines towards making successful business cards.
* Always insist on the best quality of paper for the business cards. Some cards are discarded just because they got torn and tattered. Good quality paper should be able to withstand normal to extreme handling without being damaged.
* Ensure the business cards stand out from others. Look for the business card printing firms that go that extra mile in creating works of art in the form of business cards. A unique and elaborate design makes the cards captivating and hence not easy to forget. Something that looks good, luxurious, and unique is always worth keeping, and thus such a card will always find a place in storage rather than the trash bin.
* Portray your company, business, or organization nicely and positively on the business cards. Ensure that all the important information about you and what you do is clearly shown on the cards without crowding it. Business card printing should be done in a similar manner to billboards and newspaper ads. The cards that leave people wondering, “What does this person sell or deal with” often get tossed to save space.
* Use long lasting, fade proof and water resistant inks to make the cards. Serious and professional business card printing is not something that is done with the conventional office or home printer, unless you plan to give the cards to friends and family only. Cards that run colors with the slightest contact with moisture soon become illegible and thus useless.
* Have contact information on the business cards that actually works. There is nothing more annoying like calling a number on a business card only to find it out of service. Before the final business card printing work is done, test all contact information and make sure it works.
More tips and guidelines for making business cards work as well as business card printing services can be found at www.carrollprinting.com plus a host of other image creation, presentation, and promotion services.