While most new-build homes these days come with double glazing already installed, many people who live in older homes in Farnham do not have the luxury of double glazed windows and doors. The reason why most new homes now come with ready installed double glazing is because this has become such as important feature for the home, not just because it adds to the aesthetic appeal of a property but also because of the myriad of additional benefits that double glazing can provide.
When it comes to double glazing, Farnham residents should consider having this installed for a wide range of reasons. The benefits of double glazing cover everything from improving quality of life to providing financial benefits. Some homeowners may question whether they can afford to have double glazing fitted, but in fact these days it is worth questioning whether you can afford not to.
Reasons why you should consider double glazing your older home
There are many reasons why you should consider double glazing your older home, and some of the most important reasons include:
1. Increase warmth: It can take a lot to heat an older property, particularly in the colder months, and retaining the heat in older homes can be a real challenge! With double glazing in Farnham, residents can ensure that the heat is retained in the property, which means a more comfortable home environment and an improved quality of life.
2. Cut costs: When you have double glazing in your home helping to retain warmth and heat, you will be able to reduce the amount of energy you are using to stay warm. This means that you can also reduce the cost of your energy bills – something that has become increasingly important to households in the current climate where the cost of energy seems to be continually on the rise.
3. Appearances: By having quality double glazing fitted in an older property, you can bring your home into the 21st century, giving it a more modern, appealing appearance as well as enjoying the practical benefits.
4. Improving the appeal of your home: There may come a time when you decide to rent out your home or even sell up. If you have double glazing properly installed, you will find that the property is more appealing to those considering renting or buying your property, which means an easier let or sale for you.
5. Increase the value: The property market has been through a turbulent time over recent years, with plunging prices and stagnant sales. With double glazing you can help to increase the value of your home, which means that if you do decide to sell you could get back some or all of the money you pay for your double glazing through the increased asking price.
Consider the benefits
If you are undecided with regards to whether you should have double glazing installed in your home, it is well worth taking the above benefits into consideration in order to help you to reach a more informed decision. Bear in mind that your conservatory will not only provide you with benefits for as long as you are in your home, but can also benefit you financially in the event that you sell, as it can add value to your home and increase its saleability.
At P & P Glass Ltd, we can install double glazing in a range of colours and designs to provide a functional yet unobtrusive installation, particularly suited to listed properties.