Aircrafts are usually taken to hangars for repairs and servicing. There is a standard procedure for servicing airplanes before they go for their next flight. All the equipment and tools needed for the job are to be found in the hangars. In some cases, an aircraft may be grounded at a remote area where it may be difficult to have it repaired. A ground power unit aircraft is acquired for this purpose. It acts like a mobile repair workshop. It has got a specially built structure for carrying equipment, tools and repair crew.
Since not every aviation company is able to acquire such an aircraft, ground power unit aircraft Texas service provider is always at hand to assist. The affected airline can be allowed the services of such an aircraft at a fee. It can be equated to the normal ambulance that we know of. Servicing and maintaining of aircraft follows a severe code of conduct. This is regulated by aviation authorities in Texas. Below are some of the equipment and tools you would expect to find in such an aircraft.
* There are those that are classified as non-powered equipment. These do not require fuel in order to function. A good example is the wheel chocks. A wheel choke is a wedge placed between the tires. It prevents an aircraft moving while some activity such as loading of cargo and supplies is taking place. A ground power unit aircraft should contain these.
* The other category is that of powered equipment. Under this group are equipments that require energy to power their operations. The equipment runs on electric power, diesel or gasoline. Examples include refueling trucks, hydrants that are towed by trucks, fire engines and ground power units.
* Ground power units supply a parked aircraft with power. The reason why they were developed was as a result of the need to get rid of noise that comes from the engine of an aircraft. It used to cause a lot of disruption to people working nearby. As a result, ground crews can now work in comfort. The aircraft owners get to save on aviation fuel. Running engines use a lot of fuel with aviation fuel being quite expensive.
* By a similar token, the ground power unit aircraft assists the team servicing a grounded aircraft with much needed power. Once the repairs are completed, the same unit is used to start up the engines.
* Cargo is loaded into an aircraft through a belt loader. It uses hydraulic power and can reach diverse heights and speeds. There are many other tools a ground power unit aircraft Texas will carry. Take for instance the cable rigging tool. It is used for tightening cables up to a certain tension.
Ground power unit aircraft works in the same way as a mobile workshop. It is a worthy investment for an aviation firm for use on its own or other companies aircraft. Go to Airport Bridge Systems, to know more information on it.