Why is it that no matter how much an individual takes care of the teeth with regular brushing and flossing, it still becomes prone to decay, plague and tartar that eventually leads to tooth loss? In spite of giant strides in science and technology, people still suffer from tooth loss even at a young age. Is it due to deficiencies in the diet, genetics or lifestyle? However, people are somewhat luckier nowadays because of the third alternative to replace tooth loss which is dental implant.
Years before, the only alternatives were dentures and bridges. People had no choice even if dentures were uncomfortable and inconvenient to avoid the embarrassment of missing teeth. Dentures, on the other hand are highly affordable for the greater majority that even if there are drawbacks in cleaning and the need for dental adhesives to keep it in place, people did not seem to mind. They needed to suffer the inconvenience because there was no other alternative but research and studies have made a scientific breakthrough with dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are the titanium roots placed along the jaw line to replace the tooth root which will hold the crown (tooth) in place. Since the implants are fused to the bone, there are no chances for it to slip off which necessitates messy adhesives to keep it in place. To put it simply, dental implants are almost like the natural teeth which can replace a single missing tooth or several others. Dental implants from Implant Dentistry Port Orchard make the patient feel like he has never lost a tooth at all.
Reasons to choose dental implants for replacing missing teeth
1. Dental implants will allow you a more active lifestyle as it removes all those inhibitions brought about by the fear and worries that the dentures might suddenly slip off and cause embarrassment. With the implants, you gain more confidence since there is absolutely no reason for it to fall off.
2. Dental implants allow a more balanced diet since absolutely anything can be eaten just like you would if you have natural teeth
3. Dental implants have a success rate of 95% and even higher because it is supported by modern technology
4. Dental implants do not compromise the health of adjoining teeth unlike bridges which requires filing down of adjacent teeth for support. The teeth that have been used to support the bridges often fail after a few years which need more costly dental treatments.
5. Dental implants provide a lifetime solution to dental problems since the implants will not definitely decay and are not susceptible to plague and tartar.
However, having the dental implants remain to be a personal choice. While dentures and bridges provide solid solutions to missing teeth, people with dentures often look older and less attractive due to bone loss which causes wrinkles around the mouth. Dental implants address the problems and help preserve the natural facial structures. Besides vanity, dental implants provide the longer solution to dental problems without additional costs down the road.
Port Orchard Implant Dentistry provides that state-of-the-art technology that will provide you with the permanent solution for missing teeth with the best replacement possible. Implants are competently provided through Fisherdistinctivedentistry.com.