The Certified Business Analysis Professional CBAP certification is the most sought-after certifications for business analysts to excel in the corporate world.
While it remains the most coveted designation globally among the Business analysts its also known to be a tough exam to clear , especially more so in BABoK v3 scheme of competency-based certification.
This post will describe the CBAP exam pattern.
CBAP exam focuses on
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition -30%
- Strategy Analysis -15%
- Requirements Life Cycle Management – 15%
- Solution Evaluation -14%
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring – 14%
- Elicitation and Collaboration – 12%
CBAP Exam Pattern:
- 3.5 hours long exam
- 120 multiple choice questions.
- The questions are longer cases (1 to 1.5 Pages of information)
- Multiple questions about the case
- It is competency-based and aligned with BABOK® Guide Version 3.
CBAP Exam location/ Mode
The CBAP exam is conducted in Prometric test center available in all major global cities
The link to book your exam is –
What not to expect in CBAP
- Do not expect questions straight from BABoK from input, output, techniques etc
- Do not expect the exam to be easy
- Do not expect to have the luxury of time
- Do not expect to pass CBAP certification exam without having adequate experience as a business analyst
Browse the site for more information on CBAP exam pattern.