Beginning the search for Assisted Living in Parker CO can be overwhelming due to the sheer number of options that are available. Remember, while amenities are important, it is much more important to evaluate the staff and residents at the locations being considered. After all, it is the people that make the place, and a lot can be found out just by speaking with the people who work and live there.
It is a good idea to make a list of the top three or four Assisted Living in Parker CO. Once the list is made, visit each one at different times of the day. Also, seek feedback from current residents and their family members, as well as from online sources. When visiting the location, there are certain things to look for.
Evaluate the staff’s behavior toward the residents and ask about the experience and training they have to have. When speaking with them consider the following:
* Do they speak with the people who are visiting or does the conversation feel rushed?
* Do they seem interested in speaking with visitors, as well as other residents?
* Are they interacting warmly with residents? Do they appear overwhelmed or stressed?
* How will emergency situations be handled?
It is also a good idea to evaluate the current residents. Speak with them if possible, if not, consider the following:
* Do they seem to be happy and well-cared for?
* Do they enjoy interacting with each other?
* Are there groups or hobbies offered on-site that seem interesting?
Once the staff and residents have been evaluated, take a look at the actual location. Consider the following:
* Does it seem fresh, are there strange odors?
* How often will housekeeping be provided?
* Is the facility secure and safe?
* How’s the food? Request a sample menu and find out what options are available.
Not all assisted living communities are created equal. Taking the time to evaluate the factors here can help anyone find the location that is best for their needs.